Following are the Golden Rules of Riding Golden Gate Transit buses.
- Everyone needs to pay his/her fair share. Please pay your full fare to your final destination.
- Please let the operator do his/her job. Don't interfere with the operator's control while the bus is in motion.
- Don't drink alcohol on the bus and ride. It's against the law.
- Smoking, including "vaping" of electronic cigarettes ("e-cigarettes"), is not allowed onboard the bus or ferry or within 20 feet of any bus shelter or terminal. That's the law.
- Don't abuse or damage property or equipment, including creating graffiti or scratchitti or vandalizing fixtures.
- Treat your fellow passengers kindly - don't abuse, threaten, or use obscene language.
- Clean up after yourself. Don't be a litter bug.
- For everyone's safety, please don't carry a weapon, firearm, explosive, flammable material, or corrosive liquid onboard.
- Respect others - please no soliciting or panhandling.
- Please let disabled persons, persons using wheelchairs, and senior citizens use priority seating.
- Listen to music or media devices only with headphones or earphones.
- Keep cell phone conversations to a minimum.
- Do not eat or drink onboard the bus.
- Any item brought onboard must be stored in the overhead luggage racks, underneath the seat, or on your lap.
- Golden Gate Transit takes suspicious activities seriously and will report them immediately.
Violation of any of these rules can result in arrest, fine, refusal of service, and/or ejection from the system.