Cell phone use is permitted on buses and ferries as long as you don´t disturb your fellow passengers, the bus driver, or ferry personnel. If the bus driver, a deckhand, or a fellow passenger asks you to lower your voice or shorten your call, please cooperate.
- Please be courteous and aware of others around you when using your cell phone. Not everyone is as excited about your conversation as you may be.
- Speak at a lower volume to avoid disturbing those around you.
- Keep your calls short and to the point - fellow customers may be trying to sleep or relax.
- Use silent or vibrating ringer options.
- Refrain from accepting incoming calls when possible. If you must receive a call, keep your cell phone handy so you can answer quickly.
- Utilize your cell phone´s caller ID or text messaging features to screen incoming calls. Let your voice mail handle non-urgent calls.
Keep it Short, Keep it Down, Keep it Quiet, or Keep it Off!